Tuesday, May 06, 2008

three weeks of posts?


it's been a solid month since my last post. but i've written a good paper, failed miserably on a vocabulary test and learned a lot in the process. i hope to discuss some of my personal discoveries from my paper in a later post.

for those of you who don't know, i will be traveling to israel for a class for three weeks, starting may 11. i am really looking forward to the time to learn, be engulfed by the land, and to have some time to meditate with God and ruminate over the last couple of years and what lies ahead. i haven't felt like i've had much time at all to slow down for about two years. i will miss my family to no end (i've only been away from my boys for 3 days at the longest). however, i know that my time away will be beneficial to my whole family as well.

if you would pray for me on my trip that would be great. i am really trying to have a reflective attitude and absorb this whole experience. it is my second time in israel, but unfortunately i don't remember much of the first time. i feel this is an enormous piece of being able to teach the Bible - especially the Old Testament.

my hope is to blog some of my thoughts - we have to keep a journal anyway, so why not do it electronically right? so hopefully, there will be a good three weeks of postings up here in the near future.

No comments: